outcomes and one-off OSTs and OSLIST

Peter or Esther PeterEsther at charter.net
Wed Dec 3 10:28:14 PST 2003

Dear Harrison and others,

Thanks for your message on stories, paradigms and myths.

Last evening we found ourselves at an Anne Murray concert in Asheville
North Carolina. We had not known that we were especially fans of hers,
we went because friends suggested it. It was a rare and enlightening
experience. WE SAW THE POWER OF MYTH IN ACTION!

The first part of the concert was a number of her and others songs. One,
"Could I Have This Dance" was sung by everyone there. Seventeen hundred
people in their 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and up were holding hands and
swaying to the music. It was a shared mythic love experience! For a
brief time the terrorists were gone from our radar. We were all one!

The second part of the concert was her Christmas program. Anne sang many
Christmas songs and invited the audience to join her whenever they
wished. It became obvious that this was a mystical/mythological/shared
cultural evening. As a change agent I usually find myself opting out of
traditional acknowledgments of our past. I watched last evening as I
joined with the others in the audience to sing these Christmas songs
from our childhood.

All of a sudden I realized that as change agents we need to encourage
the creation of new, shared myths that touch ALL our souls like these
past songs do and did for some! Of course the Fundamentalists and the
Evangelists are upset when they think their deep mythos is going to be
taken away from them. And of course it would be as equally difficult for
a Christian taught society to enfold the religious/mythical music of
others as the opposite would also be true. I realized that a Muslim
would be probably bevvery uncomfortable singing a Christmas song that
they had no cultural past for.

So, if we want a new and different world, we need to change our myths
and find shared new myths. It is not as difficult as it seems. Those new
myths exist in the Cosmos. As Open Space facilitators all we need do is
to remind folks of the truth that myths and stories bring forth from the
depths of our souls.

Peace be with all of you in this special time in our unfolding earthly
presence. You may wish to turn your sound up and click on the following.

http://www.peacefulearth.com/html/peaceflash.html

With love and appreciation
Peter and Esther Fisher
Asheville, North Carolina.