Do we open space or...

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Tue Aug 26 07:44:11 PDT 2003

I don't really know if anyone else has used that term, Doug.  I haven't
seen it before.  I realized the need for a new way to describe the
indescribable a few weeks ago when I used the word God and realized how
that word could be misinterpreted to infer a belief system that is very
far from the one I hold. The Swiftly-Swirling-Slowly-Spiraling-Source
term just popped out of my fingertips as I was writing to you, so I
suppose you are a co-creator. :)

As for whether the "gift" of OST has been "delivered" when all evidence
seems to be to the contrary, well, I really don't know.  I think the
question might need some tweaking.  If I understand you correctly,
you're trying to get at how OST impacts those who are "disruptive" or
"disengaged" at an OST event (I'm using quotes because both terms are
subjective and pack a bit of a judgmental punch that I don't usually
associate with OST).

So the question might be: "do people who express themselves neutrally or
negatively during and after an OST event benefit from it anyway?"

Again, I don't know.  And I don't think I need to.  I think we're back
to intentionality, which you mentioned in an earlier post, only now I
understand better where you were coming from then.  I think we can
simply offer the best of who we are in the moment we're in.  That's good
intent. What happens next is out of our hands.

But you might not want to listen to me.  I'm a bona fide, certified
optimist. I think all things work toward the good, whether we intend for
them to or not.  Really and truly, with or without OST, it's all good.
The only question is whether we're willing and able to let go of our
fear long enough to experience the love swirling and spiraling through
us.

Julie