Do we open space or...

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 23 07:49:56 PDT 2003

Thanks for the clarification Doug. I smiled when I saw that the second part
was not so clear to you either.

With a prospective client, I am always clear that ONE of the reasons that
OST works so well is that the space is intentionally created to work WITH
Spirit. I also list other reasons including self organizing behavior as I do
my best to assist the prospective client to understand that OST is deeply
powerful, has a deep essence, and that the form is only one part that
creates the "fabric" for the full potential of the group to find its way. I
am always surprised and delighted by how many CEO's/leaders/managers wish to
dwell on this with great enthusiasm.

As for converting someone to something, that is not within my intention and
so it does not get in the way. And within the opening of the meeting itself,
I do not mention Spirit/God/Creator explicitly, although I pray for all who
are gathered that all be for their highest good and that I am guided in my
every word/thought/action.

I also direct people to our website, where we are very clear in our values
and beliefs so that they can make a choice about whether they want to engage
us based on this or not.

Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,
Birgitt
Birgitt Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
www.dalarinternational.com <http://www.dalarinternational.com>
View the calendar for upcoming training in the Organizational Health and
Balance series of workshops featuring the Genuine ContactÔ program at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html
<http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html>
We invite you to join the Genuine Contact list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact
Contact information for Dalar International Consultancy: Po Box 19373,
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 Raleigh, North Carolina USA
Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599
As mentors to leaders and organizations we assist you in going beyond what
has been before. We provide inspirational and practical “how to” guidance
for leaders who want to achieve healthy and balanced organizations to
produce exciting, tangible results for the organization and for its people.
Our approach is holistic, creating a better future by tapping into ancient
wisdom.

We believe that Spirit matters and people are precious. We know that
organizations incorporating these values have exciting, tangible results
including wealth, prosperity, and abundance. These organizations tend to
their health and balance on a daily basis.