Photo language?

BrendanMcKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Wed Aug 20 07:32:32 PDT 2003

Eva - I have been using Photolanguage for many years now - the purpose is
to facilitate expression and interaction in small groups - using black and
white photographs depicting people, scenes and images appropriate to the
culture and environment of the group. The process was developed in France
by Pierre Babin, Clare Belisle and Alain Baptiste who in turn based their
work on the methodologies of Paolo Friere in Brazil and Carl Rogers. We are
lucky enough to have our own set of Australian photos here developed by the
Catholic Communications Centre in Sydney back in the early 80's - I don't
know about similar resources in other countries...
Cheers - enjoy Svenmark
Brendan