Graphic recorder in Open Space

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Mon Aug 11 03:05:59 PDT 2003

Peggy Holman schrieb:

> Hello all.  What an odd time with the list disappearing and
> reappearing!!
>
> it`s breathing, peggy
> only breathing,
> breathing in
> and breathing out --
>

> i.... a graphic recorder there. (This is a person who captures the
> content of an event on large murals in pictures and words.  In other
> meeting forms, speakers and plenary discussions are documented.  ....
> ....Once it worked brilliantly another time (with arts groups, who I
> suspect were too self conscious) the paper stayed blank. Have others
> worked with graphic recorders in Open Space?  What are your
> experiences?y.

yes, dear peggy. I have some experience about that stuff.
I did that job of simultanious visualizing in a lot of meetings
in a lot of years.
in 1999 there was helt in vienna a congress: »drawing the process,
visual planning and explaining« including a lucture of my own
about: » just in time visualization«
there I met for the first time in action our friend reinhard
kuchenmueller,
who, together with marianne stiefel, are highly experienced in putting
the athmosphere and the essence
of a discussion or a lecture into a lot of single pictures, which they
add
at the end for documentation as a visual story.
I hope they will join us in svenmark showing to us their work.

my own thinking about visualizing the process of something like open
space
yes, because it makes the people smile, its good decoration, it looks
well.
no, because a picture fixes the phantasie to the special view of the
visualizer
a word opens a lot of pictures, a picture is a picture is a picture.

sometimes it comes togehter in a wonderful way like that
when reinhard visualized the story of chris corrigans daughter aine
»feed them«,
you remember ?

see you soon in svenmark
florian