[searchnet] Scholarship Fund

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Aug 19 13:40:05 PDT 2003

Dear colleagues,
passing this on as an example of  how the future search community is
benefiting from our access queen project
greetings from Berlin, see you in Denmark
mmp

--Original Message Text---
From: kenoli Oleari
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 10:38:37 -0700

Scholarship Fund Dear Network Friends --

If you check out the website, you will see that future searches are
cropping up on all continents.  Marina Tyasto and Jan Secor, for
instance, just got a grant to continue their work with women in
Russia.  There are negotiations in the work to do a 9 month future
search training and apprenticeship in Uganda.  As a result, people
from many countries are becoming involved in future search and
interested in being part of the Future Search Network.

With this in mind, the Future Search Network has established a
scholarship fund, with the immediate goal of making it possible for
people from all over the world -- particularly those whose economies
make it hard for them to afford "market rate" travel costs -- to
attend the Learning Exchange which will be held in Sweden next year.
The fund will also be ongoing so it can provide similar support for
other FSN events.  Currently, we provide discounts on fees and assist
with finding free room and board, but have no way to provide
compensation for travel costs.

The Open Space network has done this successfully for years, and has
been holding its annual meetings in different countries every year.
We will be modelling our process on their successful venture.

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.