new version of room size calculation spreadsheet

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Sun Aug 10 13:08:55 PDT 2003

Last year, I made a spreadsheet that calculates the number of chairs that a
room wil hold. Today, I created a new version with two changes:

1. The standard values for the width of a chair and the depth of a row are
10% larger. The old values appeard to be a little tight. Of course, it is
always wise to look at the type of chair you are going to use and adjust
the values accordingly.

2. It now also calculates the size of the space left empty in the middle of
the inner circle. This is the space for you as a facilitator to walk around
during the opening and for the participants to create their topics. It is
also the space that symbolizes the great Open Space and the space people
have to jump into when they post a topic. I always like a lot of space here.

The spreadsheet can be found on my website under Open Space. Or you can
follow this link:
http://www.auryn.nl/eng/requirements.html

Hope you enjoy using it. I would like to know how it works out, so I
appreciate any comments you may have.

Koos de Heer
Auryn management advies BV
Utrecht, the Netherlands