Access Queen asks you for a few more pennies/euros/rubles

Lisa lisaheft at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 5 15:36:41 PDT 2003

Hello, dear colleagues –

As many of you know, the Access Queen fund is a small pool of money that
dear OSLISTers contribute to each year to help lower-income colleagues
get to each year’s Open Space on Open Space.  My role as Access Queen is
to collect that money and help connect peoples’ needs to peoples’
resources.

My deepest thanks to all of you who have generously contributed for this
year’s fund.

I have one “Asker” who is hoping to find assistance just for
accommodation at OSonOS (approximately 2430 SEK / $300 USD / €264 – he
has covered his other expenses), another Asker who hopes to find
financial support for both accommodation and registration fees
(approximately 2950 SEK / $365 USD / €320 – she has found assistance
with travel funding), a third Asker who is hoping for financial
assistance to cover registration fees only (approximately 2210 SEK /
$273 USD / €240), and a fourth Asker who is hoping for any nonspecific
amount of funding which will help to offset her expenses.

My little Access Queen Fund cannot cover all of these requests, and I do
not know if there will be any additional last-minute requests for
financial assistance for some of our travelers for pocket money or other
expenses (those of you who travel from a good many countries know how
just the cost of one taxi or one lunch in town can be way above your
abilities).  Here is where I would like to ask for your help:

** Would you like to buy an accommodation, a registration, or an
accommodation plus registration for one of these Askers? **

**Would you like to contribute a smaller amount of money to the Access
Queen Fund to help get them closer to their goal?**

**Hey, why limit myself?  Would you like to contribute a LARGER amount
of money to the Access Queen Fund to help these folks get to OSonOS this
year?** (anything not spent this year goes to next year’s Access Queen
Fund for OSonOS in Goa, India)

These amazing Askers have had the courage and faith to set their
intention, make their plans, raise other monies to come to OSonOS, and
ask their community (us) for support.  They have jumped into the unknown
– can we catch them in our outstretched arms?

Let me know if you can help by contacting me directly at
lisaheft at pacbell.net

Many thanks from Access Queen herself,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t