Testing

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Thu Apr 24 22:46:32 PDT 2003

I've been feeling silent and sort of sombre for some time--but Audrey's
assignment--write a poem about peace--and deadline--seems to have broken some
internal log jam in me.

I seem to be speaking up more about what I really think and believe, without
so much worry about how that might be perceived.

Another organization I'm a part of is in a crisis, and I have been struck at
how honest people are (finally!) being about their feelings and values.  And
by how many are offering to be part of the solution.  In that context, I've
been fairly noisy.

I'm also doing more inviting.  Inviting a bunch of people to a public Open
Space with the theme, Creating the World We Want, on May 4 in Seattle.
Inviting a friend and colleague to have lunch--we spent a lovely two hours
talking and listening, more hungry for that than for the excellent lunch.
Inviting an interesting woman I met recently to visit for an evening of "deep
talk."