SV: Glossary

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Apr 11 07:36:35 PDT 2003

I´d love to help with Swedish, Lisa.
Greetings
Thomas
  -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
  Från: OSLIST [mailto:OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU]För Lisa Heft
  Skickat: den 11 april 2003 06:24
  Till: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
  Ämne: Glossary

  Hello, dear colleagues –

  I am still working on the glossary (for those of you not familiar with
that term it is like a dictionary – a list of words and their meanings) for
Open Space terms that we often use on this list.

  I have now translations of this in

  - English

  - Serbian (thank you Dragana)

  - Portuguese (thank you Artur)

  - German (thank you Bernd)

  - With a link to Russian (so those who have the ability to have their
computers read that alphabet/ those characters can go directly to that
source and thank you Elena).

  I will make this list available for all of you to use in my (soon) website
and we’ll also post it on the OSworld site for you.

  Would any of you fabulous colleagues whose home language is not listed
here like to add a translation to my list in your language?

  If so please let me know.

  And if you know of someone who speaks another language who wants to help,
please do know that it takes someone very familiar with Open Space to be
able to choose the exact, correct words -- not just a literal translation of
the English but words chosen to evoke the closest meaning of / replacement
for these words / concepts and to also fit into the context and the culture
of that language.  Think of translating poetry and you’ll know what I mean.

  Thank you, dear friends,

  Lisa

  L i s a   H e f t

  Consultant, facilitator, educator