OS for people with disabilities (longish)

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Apr 8 19:05:11 PDT 2003

Lisa and Joelle--

Great learning you are giving us.

A few random thoughts if you will indulge me, please:

I am told many elderly are hungry for touch, that no one touches them
anymore. So offering a hand to shake or a double-handed handshake might be
welcome.

A recent OST I did had many elderly, some of whom were in wheelchairs. They
were quite willing to post, and others simply helped get them paper and put
up their issues for them.

How does think tank bring up a war picture? I am seeing a tank of fish....

The other day a lady called. She said she preferred to call because she is
dyslexic and learning disabled. She cannot comfortably read much, and finds
herself swamped with e-mails. She uses a screen reader, but that is not as
good for her as talking. So we need to realize that many difficulties are
not visible to us.

                              :-Doug.