SV: Testing and Close and closeness

Eva P Svensson eva at epshumaninvest.se
Fri Apr 25 15:27:25 PDT 2003

Harrison  Wrote:
“For ourselves, how do we open our personal space so that in this present
moment we can be fully here -- fully alive? And for our neighbors,
colleagues, clients and friends, how can we open that communal space so
breath (and meaningful conversation) becomes a possibility? Opening this
sort of space is rather different, I think, from filling the air with trite
platitudes and the power of positive thinking. It goes to a deeper place.”

I am thinking that what if I just could live the principles and the law  -
always think that I am meeting the right people, that whatever happens is
the right thing, that when it’s starts its starts and when its over it is
and if I don’t like it – take my feet to where I better would like to be. It
looks so easy but it’s so difficult just for one to live, to “walk the talk”
in every days life.  But there where it has to start isn’t it – if we all
start right where we are I am sure that it will make a different because
through my behaviour I will affect others. As a tiny example I hade a
conversation to day with my very best friend and we where talking about that
she should spend here time where she wanted to spend it and not where she
thought she was supposed to because of traditions, expectations etc. If she
had went to where she was supposed to and not wanted to – it would have
shown through negative energy.
So I think that one way to open my personal space is to live the principles
and the law, although I will have to deal with fears (my own as well as
others), breaking “behaviour rules”, and most important finding my own
truth.
And in my ongoing work of trying to find that, (my truth and needs), I just
stumbled over the English word close. To close the door, to close the space.
But if you put some more letters to the word it has the total opposite
meaning – closeness – to be close to another person, to be close to one an
other.  It was when a person said to me “you must look for closeness” and I
keep on thinking on the meaning of “closing something” instead of what she
really mean (to be close to someone), that I started to think about it.  I
don’t know but in a way there must be a meaning with that. If I take same
words for close and closeness in Swedish there is nothing similar at all.
That some two cents or two öre thoughts late at night.
All the best
Eva

Bästa hälsningar

Eva P Svensson