The Wellness Revolution for Organizations

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 10 19:35:38 PDT 2003

Dear friends and colleagues,
I continue to follow the call of my heart and soul in what I am doing with
my OST work. For me, this evolved to the conscious Open Space Organization,
the Genuine Contact tm program (a vehicle for achieving the conscious Open
Space Organization), and then my understanding that the purpose of this work
was to assist organizations to achieve a foundation of health and balance.
In that run on sentence that I just did, I summarized more than a decade of
work with OST and my own evolvement with it. Recently, we have been focusing
on Individual Health and Balance as well as the Organizational Health and
Balance, launching workshops for both.

Today, the next steps for me are the understanding that I am committed to
the Wellness Revolution for Organizations and I wanted to share my initial
writing about this with you for your comments. I am intending move this work
throughout the world, inviting a different way of thinking for organizations
and the people within them. Through working on health and balance, we
achieve harmony. And when we achieve harmony, we find peace.

The Wellness Revolution for Organizations

We call upon all organizations to join The Wellness Revolution for
Organizations. The result will be successful organizations and healthier
individuals within them.

Organizations exist for the evolvement of people. It may appear that there
are other purposes to the reason for having organizations, but they are all
secondary to this one purpose. Through organizations, people have the
opportunity to do the relationship work that assists them to become aware
of, acknowledge, and live their full potential.

To assist in the constructive life nurturing evolvement of people, both the
organization and the people within it must focus on achieving and then
regenerating health and balance. If only the organization does so, the
people will stop the achievement and its beneficial results. Similarly, if
only the people focus on health and balance, the organization will stop the
achievement and its beneficial results.

Results of health and balance include but are not limited to:

-prosperity with purpose

-employee retention

-less time off for sick days

-energy focused on finding solutions rather than dwelling on problems,
reducing unproductive wastage of unproductive energy

- creative solutions that are life nurturing rather than life depleting

-extraordinary results for clients, customers, guests, patients,
parishioners/faith communities,  employees and their families

-capacity to live and work well within a climate that undergoes rapid change

-positive attitude

-congruency/alignment between the mission of the organization and the way it
operates (particularly important for human and health services and products,
sustainable communities, churches, education services and products,

-peace /harmony both individually and corporately or organizationally and
personally or individually and community.

When energy is not wasted, the life force is increased and that will give
both individuals and the organization the power to move issues forward and
to achieve or surpass the organizational vision or goal.

We call upon all organization and the individuals within them to join the
revolution for health and balance to achieve maximum potential for all
organizations and the people within them. We are all a part of something
bigger and it takes all of us working together individually to evolve the
whole.  Everybody has something to do/contribute that benefits everybody
else...and the community.

We have previously published a paper “Health and Balance is the Foundation
for Organizational Success” that can be found by going to
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/tr_ohb.html

 Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt  Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
http://www.dalarinternational.com

Mentoring for Organizational Effectiveness

view the calendar for upcoming training at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

We invite you to join the list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact

Mailing address: Po Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 Raleigh,
North Carolina USA

Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599

"I believe that Spirit matters and people are precious. I know that
organizations incorporating these values have exciting, tangible results
including wealth, prosperity, and abundance. Daily, these organizations
attend to their health and balance. Participating in the Genuine Contact
program takes you on a learning journey of HOW to achieve the healthy and
balanced organization (the conscious Open Space Organization).”  Birgitt
Williams, Dalar International Consultancy

---