OS for people with disabilities

Eddie Palmer eddie at palmer4421.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 23:48:49 PST 2003

dear Chris

As other people on the list have said, there is nothing special, just to
take account of any help needed to participate; however, you have to be
careful! recently, with an OS for young people, with the emphasis on mental
health issues, we had a lot of special provision, including a 'chill-out'
room for emergencies.
However, we weren't told that one group ended up being composed of young
people with dyslexia, and they couldn't write anything up! With forewarning,
help could have been offered to them of course.
It's the organisers/sponsors who need special help at times!

Eddie Palmer
Open Futures
Edinburgh