Storytelling before an 2 day event

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sat Apr 5 09:15:13 PST 2003

Hi friends in Open Space
I the end of may I will facilitate a 2 day OST conference for a department
of a public organization (70 employees). Last friday we had a pre-meeting
with the managers. We set a quite wide theme focusing on the future of the
organization. The last years they have had cuts in their grants and it seems
clear it will get even worse. Employees are worried about this. We had a
look at the griefcycle and it differs in different parts of the department,
but it seems quite a few of the employees are not really ready to talk
future.

We will not have the possibility to have a storytelling evening the night
before so I am thinking of other alternatives, and would appreciate
feedback.
1. use the first 2 hours before lunch to invite for storytelling and start
the work in Open Space after lunch. That means one afternoon/evening + until
lunch the next day for sessions + convergence in the afternoon (we won´t be
able to go on to late day 2)
2. Have an evening/afternoon of storytelling the week before.
3. Collect stories by individual interviews, as Harrison describes in "the
book". How does that work? How/when did you present the information to the
participants?
I´d be greatful for any advice!
Regards
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
www.openspaceconsulting.com

Open Space Consulting bistår dig som vill
skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation.

Det gör vi genom att:
* Erbjuda diagnoser för organisatorisk hälsa och balans.
* Ge stöd i förändrings- och utvecklingsprocesser.
* Handleda kreativa möten och konferenser.
* Utbilda mötes- och processhandledare.

"Inspirerade medarbetare, det skulle väl smaka?
 Tänk - kaffepausens energi ständigt spraka!"