A little report

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Tue Apr 1 07:15:59 PST 2003

Hi friends
Today I facilitated the OST conference mentioned below. The theme focused on
how to make the company "one", they used to be more than 20 independent
parts belonging to a "mother-organization" but are now (as we say in Sweden)
"under one hat".
High energy and a lot of learning for the 250 participants. They produced 30
reports which will be put on a newly designed forum on the intranet of that
organization. The principles and the law are running all the way, including
the follow up meeting the 12th of June. I find that pretty amazing, in
virtual forums the law and the principles do function, a good example is our
OS-list.

The organization is one of the largest managementconsulting companies in
Sweden. They were very excited to be in Open Space and many of them asked
how to learn more. Already two of them have been to my trainings and maybe
we can get an inhouse training going after this event. And maybe be able to
get deeper into transforming the organization. As one of the participants
said: "Yesterday we had a man from a company that refines wood (papermill)
telling us how to run a healthy company. Actually we should be the ones to
know! In two years time we´ll visit them, telling about what we have
achieved." (They had a "regular" conferenceday yesterday.)

I will meet with the managers in a few weeks to follow up and design the
follow up meeting. In that meeting not all of the employees can participate
because that will be too costly. They live all over Sweden. Probably the
convenors will be invited together with management, make priorities and work
out action plans.

Greetings from Thomas Herrmann