Oral Culture and Oral Preference

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Sep 19 15:12:56 PDT 2002

...funny to have been posting an example of online
proceedings, and the wiki method of capturing them (which
also allows for pictures, btw), at the same time as this
oral culture conversation is going on.  and today, a great
comment (from our very literate conference) that fits right
into this oral cultures thread...

one leader from capetown told the conference sponsor today,
"we've been doing this open space thing for a long time in
south africa, a very long time, really... only we do it
outside, under the trees.  but this is not how our
government works.  now i am so grateful to learn that we can
do government under the trees as well!"

yeah!

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105