Using digital cameras...

Don Ferretti dferrett at placer.ca.gov
Mon Sep 16 08:47:16 PDT 2002

I'm not hot on substituting the pics for the written reports - I like
hanging out around the "newsroom" too much and the generative activity
that creates. But, I do use digital pics to intersperse through the
report of the proceedings so that it can be e-mailed. The combination of
pics and written reports seems to capture the event pretty good.

>>> kinch at ROGERS.COM 09/15/02 05:46PM >>>
Yo Chris:

I think I can "resize" each pic easily into the 20-30k range without
losing
legibility; so with 30 participants I figger max 20 reports, say avg.
two
pages per, so 60 pics at 30 kb so 1.8 meg -- still a bit big but not
ridiculous... and for those who prefer, multiple copies of the prints
nicely "booked" in them lovely (recyclable) plastic folders and mailed
or
delivered before parting (which will be one day after the end of the
OS
section) [:-)].  Yunno, what with one-hour photo printing and; well
anyway
I'm just thinking about it...

Your point about the nature of the group is well taken: I have been
less
than forthcoming about that. Sorry. In this case the need for
"formal/reproduceable/cuttable-and-pasteable" reports might be less
than
paramount. The group is a part of the international "Focusing" (Eugene
Gendlin) community http://www.focusing.org/focusingbook.html (any of
you
out there? brochures for the conference available for the asking!) who
are/wish to be involved
with focusing with children. They are getting together for the third
time
to share their experience and consider (in OS) where they are at and
where
their "practice" is going...

Audio! Hmmm...

Cheers and continuing thank you's,