Using digital cameras...

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Sun Sep 15 23:42:58 PDT 2002

last year at vancouver osonos, jeff aitken told me about
doing 'gallery' proceedings with each group getting one
posterboard.  in events since then, i've been more mindful
of the processing that happens when raw flips get converted
to *something* (word docs, posters, etc.) by participants
rather than by outside typists or machines.

at this imagine conference just finished, we had an artist
on hand, but she mostly provided the supplies and some
encouragement for youth and adults to paint their
experience.  in addition to large painting pages, the
participants painted all over the big white rolled paper we
used as drop covers and also on two 3x6 foot plexiglass
panels.  very cool stuff.  hopefully we got some digi pics
of those that can be posted on the wiki online in the next
short while.

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610