I just discovered Reed's Law

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Thu Sep 12 15:18:43 PDT 2002

I think I see the problem.  Superscripts didn't work out very well.

The formula is "2 to the power of N minus N minus 1."  "N" is the number
of people in your group.

Sometimes English is the way to go...

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology

Bowen Island, BC, Canada
http://www.chriscorrigan.com
chris at chriscorrigan.com

Chris
>  Corrigan
>  Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 3:12 PM
>  To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
>  Subject: Re: I just discovered Reed's Law
>
>  Jaime wrote:
>
>  >  Hi Chris!!!
>  >
>  >  Congratulations for a job well done. I always face
>  >  claims about the small number of participants for
>  >  prospective OS mettings in Bolivia. Reed's Law will be
>  >  an excellent argument to show possibilities. However,
>  >  I can not replicate the formula in order to confirm
>  >  your findings for 12 people and 4083 possible groups.
>  >  Could you please explain in a more detailed way the
>  >  formula for me?
>  >

>  The way I figure it, it's 212-12-1.  So that's
2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2*2