Democracy and Open Space

J. Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Thu Sep 5 09:20:15 PDT 2002

Michael wrote:
Why are we (me included) so concerned about actions to be fulfilled?

Hi Michael -- fascinating question.  It seems to me that my work is to
evolve as a human being.  And I choose to work with others in that
evolution.  When I watch the passion and responsibility coming from groups
of people -- groups who awaken to their own potential -- it is very powerful
and humbling.  I also touch my desire for "wholeness" as a human being.
Knowing that I am part of everything and already whole -- I still observe as
part of me seeks out "wholeness".  I think it is from that part of me that
the desire for groups to fulfill the actions they found energy for comes
from.  And at the same time believing fully in whatever happens is the only
thing that could, and in letting go of outcome.

This "questioning" is what offers in the practice workshops I offer on the
conscious open space organization.  The essence of spirit and
acknowledgement of energy in an OST event -- how we sustain that in our
organizations.  And, indeed, how we can serve and support that.  There are
others on the list also offering those further conversations that began with
Harrison and Birgitt, perhaps they have something of their own experience to
offer?

sincerely,
Judi