The magic that happens...

romy shovelton romys at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 4 00:38:01 PDT 2002

Message text written by OSLIST
>My
hope is that both classes sponsor an OST event for their schools in
September, and that they also use OST as a tool for learning in their
mediation classes.  I'm now thinking I might provide students with a
very brief overview of what the mediation process looks like, and invite
them to give it a try in a practice role-play.  As they play with the
process, questions will arise.  Those questions can be raised and
discussed using the OST process.  As students continue doing practice
role-plays, begin doing actual mediations, and then struggle with
developing the mediation program in the school, questions will continue
to arise.  My hope is that the students will begin to use OST when they
need to talk things through with each other, and spend the rest of their
time doing what they've decided they want to do.<

xxxxxxxxxx

Julie

could you explain a little more about the mediation process you are using
with the students.......  so that I can imagine how OST fits in with this?

thanks

Romy (an old time in the OST world...... and rather invisible of late....
tho'
hugely grateful for this wonderous community of Open Spacers)