Democracy and Open Space

J. Richardson judir at accesswave.ca
Tue Sep 3 17:34:50 PDT 2002

Peggy Wrote:
It has been my belief for years that voting sets up a dynamic of taking
people from an experience in another way of organizing back into the
familiar.

Peggy and all -- my experience is similar.  I observe the energy of the
group and the room change when moving to voting.  The high energy often
turns into almost a suspension of energy.  My perception might be that
people are moving back into the "same old thing" and are disappointed -- at
this point, I am still watching.  And then there is Michael H's
non-convergence!!

The points on democracy are well taken.  And in the midst of the OST event,
self-governance can be evident -- and what about after the event when
actions are not fulfilled?  I know, I know whatever happens is the only
thing.....
<grin>

Judi