The magic that happens...

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 3 10:26:42 PDT 2002

In following this thread, I focus on the word "democracy". I have been
researching democracy, having been commissioned to write an article about
it. And to date, have found NO examples of democracy in any of my research.
Webster's dictionary definition of democracy: Greek 'demos' means 'the
people' and 'kratein' means 'to rule'. 1. government by the people, either
directly or through elected representatives;  rule by the ruled. 2. a
country, state, community etc. with such government  3. majority rule  4.
the acceptance and practice of the principle of equality of rights,
opportunity and treatment.

The word 'democracy' is one I have heard frequently associated with OST. It
was for this reason that I started to look for a current example of
democracy really working as majority of their own free will actually ruling.
I have lived in Canada and although it appears to be a democracy, it is not.
Likewise in the USA where I now live.

Do any of you have any examples of democracy working?

Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt
Birgitt  Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
http://www.dalarinternational.com
Mentoring for Organizational Effectiveness
view the calendar for upcoming training at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

We invite you to join the list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact

Contact information for Dalar International Consultancy
Mailing address: Po Box 19373, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 or for
courier 12136 Shooting Club Rd., Raleigh, North Carolina USA 27613
Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599

"I believe that Spirit matters and people are precious. I know that
organizations incorporating these values have exciting, tangible results
including wealth, prosperity, and abundance. Daily, these organizations
attend to their health and balance. Participating in the Genuine Contact
program takes you on a learning journey of HOW to achieve the healthy and
balanced organization (the conscious Open Space Organization).”  Birgitt
Williams, Dalar International Consultancy