The magic that happens...

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Sun Sep 1 15:26:35 PDT 2002

Sorry, I'm not Doug,

I'm Elena

but Julie, can I ask you a question?

I'm thinking about providing a special course in the Novosibirsk State
University on "Democratic ways of managing things" and I do want to make an
OS for the students of the 5th year (the last one, when they write the
diploma work, but do have some special courses on their choise)

So I was thinking on proposing them to 'do it' - I mean OS, but I'm thinking
of the way I could propose the topic. I was thinking about proposing them
"The way we better prepare for our future jobs: what could be your ideal
educational process?" - something like that (in Russian of course).

But ofcourse there is the other way - to ask them, but it will take more
time to figure out the topic, but I have 3 hours for everything - for
presenting the course (what I can do later, but still I need some
introductory words), or I can do it in the other 3 hours - in a week, but I
really think of involving them 'very quick' in the other way of 'learning'.
How you did come to 'respect'?

It is not high shool already, and I've read a lot of using OST in
educational process, but every time you start thinking about new auditorium,
you (I) have some concerns and look for advices. You know.

Also I did say to our collegues from Head Quarters of our Rotary District
5010, that there is a great (and peace(ful) ) OS community in FairBanks. Can
I give them your adress?

Thank you very much for sharing the nice word about CoLiberation!

Best wishes

Elena