Oral Culture and Oral Preference

Gilbert Brenson-Lazan gbl at amauta.org
Thu Sep 19 03:28:57 PDT 2002

Good morning, all:

In my experience there are Oral (only) Cultures and Oral (preferred)
Cultures, the latter being more people-oriented (versus task-oriented)  on
the Kluckhohn-Strodtbeck Scale, even when very "literate" and with
postgraduate degrees.  With both I make adjustments such as those mentioned
in previous posts in the OS procedure.

Gil

At 12:00 a.m. 19/09/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Harrison,
>
>yes I also thought so. Only that we have to undo the modification.
>And that is also learning. And that is what I try to do.
>
>I call it Oral Culture, because this is a positive definition by the
>specific way of communicating and not deficit orientated as
>non-literate. This helps me to remind/not forget that the strength of
>these people lies in memory and world construction by story-telling
>and thats what I have to build on, if I try to go with the flow.
>Thanks for the report info
>
>Bernd

Gilbert Brenson-Lazan - Socio-Gerente
AMAUTA INTERNACIONAL, LTDA