OS and storytype drafting

Malay Biswas malay.biswas at tajhotels.com
Wed Sep 11 08:12:10 PDT 2002

dear all,

My understanding on os is very basic, primary, theoretical. And not
undergone any basic training on OS and not experienced it yet. Next two
months, i will be undergoing two perhaps.

I was reading the minutes of different os sessions (Previous OSonOS)- some
of the topic are close to my heart - but some of the drafting/documents are
very dry - (being infp - I have a lot weekness like this -
visualisation/feeling etc), i can visualise that during the dialogues, there
were wonderful exchanges among willing participants - their inspiring
stories, wonderful experiences, meaningful sharing have not been captured.
As if spirit has flied away in the drafting. I was thinking - does OS is
only for those participants who meets on issues on mutual interest  - or
does OST has to go beyond to touch the heart of the reader who did not
attend that OS conference. Can we try to change the drafting and make it
storytype presentation at the end of the day. May be potential contribution
from dialogues under Open Space can be reaped better by sharing our stories,
exchanges, views to the interested people who did not attend - may be as an
additional benefit from OS dialogues.(Chicken Soup for the Soul still
inspires million of heart throughout the world still today - i know under OS
does not consist of stories only - it goes beyong that - and why not to
capture all those precious expressions also - it may not reappear again - it
could be very unique)
May be we can go higher level of dealing issues if we get earlier
perspectives of other OS conference outcome? I dare to say express my view
like this because I know under open space - there is always a space for my
humble feeling/view. Have you made any presentation like this - STORY TYPE
DRAFTING ? I look forward for the wonderful learning on this issue from all
the stalwarts of the OS world.
With warm regards and thank you for your precious time while reading it.
Thank you all for your postings - good learning place for me.
Malay
India

Imagine a private island with palm-thatched villas built over water. Imagine them stocked with every conceivable luxury. Imagine a sensuous spa, and delectable cuisine turned out by a team of international chefs.
Now stop imagining, and click http://www.tajhotels.com/maldives.
Taj Exotica Resort and Spa, Maldives.