FW: Sept. 11th a Memorial Affirmation

Anne Stadler annestad at nwlink.com
Sat Sep 7 19:01:25 PDT 2002

Here is the affirmation I am making re. Sept. 11th.  If you wish to join me,
please communicate your views publicly in whatever way you choose.  I have
sent this letter to several newspapers, and to my Congress people and to
you.

Blessings, Anne

Sept. 11th, Memorial Affirmation:

On Sept. 11th, 2001, the terrorists chose death.  The rescuers and many of
us who rushed to help chose love and life.  A fitting memorial to those who
died on 9/11 would be for each of us to make the choice the rescuers did.

Here is how I want to honor those who died:  I say:  Enough war.  Enough
killing.  I give my gifts to creating a world without war. I accept my
responsibility for the well-being of the human family and the larger living
world.

I want my government leaders to use our treasure on behalf of life.  I say
to them: Don¹t make the same choice the terrorists did.  Stop making war.
Bend every effort to provide safety through building a just, sustainable and
peaceful global society.
I would rather accept the risks of change in this direction‹just as they did
who rushed in to rescue people on Sept. 11, 2001.

Sincerely yours,

Anne M. Stadler
18468‹47th Place NE
Seattle WA 98155