Laughter

Ethelyn & Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 2 13:20:17 PDT 2002

Doug wrote:

OK, folks: Joelle you speak of "that place," and Harrison you talk about
whether or not laughter is the causative factor or whether it "does the
job," and both are perceptive answers.
But I am not sure I yet see what is this something that happens in OST and
these other methods. What do you suppose it is that causes this community
to erupt, this healing (do you understand it to mean "wholing," if that is
a word?) to happen?

short take on a long answer (actually a whole book) is that in Open Space
the natural self-organizing system which we all --  are gets back to work,
and if it is wounded, it heals itself. Laughter is one of the sounds we
make when we are healing.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive