Improving working conditions/health amongst the staff of a large hospital

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sun Sep 1 05:38:59 PDT 2002

Dear friends in Open Space
I am wondering a bit , was I clear about my issue in my earlier posting? The
question at hand is how to improve working conditions/health amonst the
staff of this hospital (in fact three hospitals within the same
organization). One concern of my sponsor is how to reach out to all
employees, and how to get all involved.

Right now I am thinking of one possibility. I have a brother who is a
professional TV/Video producer. One way could be to facilitate an OST
involving people from all levels of the organization. Have a nice
videoproduction of the process and the results. This could be one way to get
the message across the organization, that these issues are in focus right
now and the first step has been taken. The OST event would have to be really
grounded in the leadership (as always) so that the participants are free to
move the hot topics ahead, involving more of the people who wish to join in.
Next step could be to let these topics go on, as well as work within
different units of the hospital to get the process going all over.

What do you think of this idea? Any other experiences from working with
large organizations and with an issue that is to be worked with all over?
Best regards
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
www.openspaceconsulting.com