mental meanderings - you got me going Julie (long)

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Wed Oct 30 11:48:06 PST 2002

In writing to Chris this morning, this bubbled up.  Now I see this is
that lingering idea on the edge of thought I was grasping for a few days
ago:

As I prepare to send this off, something more begs to be spoken...  You
know that search for the right idea, the right starting point, the right
approach.  That search is going on everywhere, I think.   Almost daily I
search.  Almost daily I lament to my colleagues that I haven't found
just the right thing yet, that I'm still trying, that I know it's out
there, somewhere.   In last week's OST with teachers I was a participant
and not the facilitator and I posted a topic that went something like
this:  "What if we're in a paradigm shift of meaning?  What meanings are
we moving toward and what does that mean for educators?"   What I wanted
to get at, and did to some extent in the discussion that followed, was
the idea that the paradigm shift we're experiencing is a shift to the
spiritual, which means a shift to a deepening understanding of love as
the core concept around which everything else must revolve.  I long for
THAT discussion, for the discussion that names the proper starting point
and fearlessly walks the unfolding spiral of understanding that emanates
from that point.

Julie