Poetry Contest

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Mon Oct 28 21:58:13 PST 2002

Ten lines for friends in November

Now, as vernal and autumnal dance their biannual swirl
Over the sea out my window and diagonal to my point on this globe
Vitality flows through the unexamined places
Embraced by my friends as they gather in
Marysville, non descript and of no particular geography
But the centre of one of my worlds for a moment
Explorers dancing in the space of decades
Returning to their centres, the vast opened places

1000 hearts could beat together in that place and yet
One would be left behind, butterflying in descending darkness.

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology