Poetry contest

Averbuch averbuch at post.tau.ac.il
Sun Oct 27 02:21:36 PST 2002

dearest Laurel and all,

here is my way of being together with OS on OS 10, from afar.

_____

OPEN SPACE GATHERINGS
By  Tova Averbuch

        Standing at the edge of a "Fairy -ring" circle
        Taken, by the magic, by the form

        How deeply interconnected. Our roots mush
        Yet leave room, in our forum

        The rings grow wider every year, or so they say
        Mushrooms coming, far and near, to stay the day

        Very soon  -we are all gone.
        Yet on a day of sweet breath and light (or any day you desperately
need it's might...)

        The roots appear and hold again
        Re-member every cell and vein.

this poem is a part of a bit longer one that grew out of my wonder watching
a "fairy-ring" circle of mushroom for the first time in my life , on a
beautiful meadow on the morning of September 21, 2002 at Birgitt's and
Ward's Williams farm in North Carolina when we were all preparing for a
ceremony to promote Pease and harmony in the world I woke up early and went
walking/ I met this circle of white "cobbles" - and the rest is history...

I do not have the language to be a poet in English but this is my way to pay
gratitude to all you mushrooms :)!