What are the unstated assumptions and aims of OS?

Eiwor Backelund eiwor.backelund at centerpartiet.se
Thu Oct 17 10:14:56 PDT 2002

Doug,

This is nothing that I know for sure, only a feeling I have but I think
two scheduled times would be better than one. If the participants have two
choises (and more if they use the one law) to discuss topics the energy
level could go up a bit and perhaps stay there until next time. I think it
might also have something to do with getting to know the meeting format
and liking it. I can not explain this so well because this is a sort of
feeling that I try to put into words. Maybe somebody else could do it
better. I only have the feeling that like we talk to the sponsor of the
givens, ie what will happen with the results, what can be moved forward
without decisions from the board etc, we also sometimes have to try to
expand the givens of the time frame for the meeting. That is also a form
of opening more space for the participants.

I don´t know how far you could stretch the time until next meeting but I
think that has to do with how much energy and compassion the theme and the
issues create in every person attending.
So you might as well go on our principles, whatever happens is the only
thing that could happen. When I did this I was very clear to the sponsor
about that we don´t really know how many are coming next time, but we can
be sure that those who come are the right people.

Blessings
Eiwor