help me think this through?

Ted Ernst ted at chicagohumanist.org
Sat Oct 12 09:58:21 PDT 2002

John et al,
Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments and suggestions!  (HM
links at the end of this message)

Here is my summary of what I read (or my interpretation and the way I think
I might do things):

With my sponsor hat on, I will display information about my goals in Ghana
and invite others to also display their information.
With my facilitator hat on, I hold the space for whatever the participants
decide is best for the event, while still being myself and answering direct
questions at the appropriate time (as long as that doesn't close the space,
i.e. during the opening).
I will also invite other humanists to these events and they may post topics
if they wish (e.g. an example personal work).

By the way, I've read some about John's no-literacy-required method and may
experiment with something like this as well.

To find out more about the Humanist Movement, may I suggest you try
http://www.chicagohumanist.org which is a Wiki site that I maintain (thanks
Michael Herman for hosting!).  There's a link for HumanistLinks that has a
ton of other sites.  Since the HM doesn't have a board of directors or
anyone in a "staff" role, each site is different and there is no one
official site.  It's a very decentralized bunch. :)

Thanks again and peace to all,
ted

___
Humanize the Earth!  http://www.chicagohumanist.org  http://www.tedernst.com