Opening space with one person in four minutes

Toni Petrinovich sacred at anacortes.net
Sat Oct 12 00:42:47 PDT 2002

Audrey, I hold space open continuously and constantly in my life and in my practice.  Consciously, I have experienced opening space with a person when I can feel their tightening down into a control state over a situation or the inability to readily communicate about a given subject at hand.  I open the space within me and let them see me in a visibly relaxed state.  Yet more than that, I know that they can feel me being open and opening evermore to them and it assists in their acceptance of the moment as an opportunity to come to increased awareness themselves.

I do it within my heartspace and in my mind.  I make sure that my visual clues are openness with a soft face, relaxed eyes, parted lips (rather than closed mouth) and loose body.  I find it very useful in my counseling practice and definitely during my more conventional workshops.  I AM being ME - all that I AM as ME with no agenda, no reservations and no expectations.  It IS the breath that we have been talking about lately.  It is the inbreath and the outbreath and most of all, it is the space in between the inbreath and the outbreath.  Within that space exists all that is - for each one of us - and in that space can we meet each other openly.

Blessings,
Toni Sar'h Petrinovich
www.sacredspaceswa.com