Please speak to me of breath....

John Dicus jdicus at ourfuture.com
Thu Oct 10 07:15:31 PDT 2002

>Please speak to me of breath.
>
>What does it mean to you in OST?  How does it inform your work?

In Marylin Ferguson's "Aquarian Conspiracy," she talks about how she named
her book.  She was noticing that there seemed to be a "movement" afoot over
the entire planet (mid-to-late 80's).  It was as though people from all
walks of life were suddenly waking up and wanting something more.  It was a
silent awakening.  Nobody rang a bell or sent a memo, yet they were showing
up by the thousands.  She believed there to be new life in this awakening
-- this gathering, so to speak.

Two thoughts stirred in her.  One was that this new life was like a sip of
water on the lips of a yearning civilization.  This put her in mind of
Aquarius -- the water bearer.  The other thought was that this
awakening-gathering was like a conspiracy.  At first, she didn't like that
word because it sounded a bit sinister.  But then she realized that the
actual meaning of the word "conspire" is to breathe together -- to breathe
as one.

That's when she decided to name her work "Aquarian Conspiracy."  Water
bearers breathing together -- "life carriers" breathing as one.

The 3rd stanza of "On The Turning Away" says:

    On the wings of the night
    As the daytime is stirring
    Where the speechless unite
    In a silent accord.
    Using words you will find are strange
    Mesmerized as they light the flame
    Feel the new wind of change
    On the wings of the night

Perhaps this is how Pink Floyd described the same phenomena.

This is a portion of what I hear when I listen to my breath...

Warm regards,

John Dicus