What makes OST work ???

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 8 02:23:21 PDT 2002

Dear Frank & Morten

After facilitating 50 events, my simple and uncompliovated response
to your questions are as follow:

1. OST works because the process allows people to participate fully
in an event they organise around things that matter to them.  This,
in turn, promotes commitment and ownership of outcomes.

2. You do not need to enhance something that already works, just
follow the process.

Why not ask participants the following questions:

1. Did the event change their attitude(s)?
2. Will the event change their behaviour(s)?
3. Are they going to be involved in making things happen after the event?
4. How did they feel about the process?
5. Would they go into Open Space again?

We look forward to your report.  Good luck!

Regards

Kerry Napuk
Open Futures Ltd.
Edinburgh