opening space using two facilitators

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 6 16:44:24 PDT 2002

At 08:18 PM 10/5/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>Dear Folks,
>
>We have learned much from you all since we joined the List almost a year
>ago. "We" are Wendy & Fredr'c, partners in "Homegrown Wisdom" here in Nova
>Scotia, Canada. We have organized small meetings using an outside
>facilitator to open space. One of us has had the experience of opening
>space for a small group. We are now about to open space for a larger
>gathering. All of our other experiences have been with one facilitator
>opening the space. We usually work as a team and we are wondering if
>anyone of you has ever opened space using two facilitators. What was your
>experience?

I have found that having a partner in Open Space is wonderful. Particularly
if the partner is of the opposite gender. Balances the energy -- so to
speak. But -- I have also found that two in the opening is too much. This
is not about "air time" -- the whole thing is to get the show under way as
quickly as possible. When I do have a partner, one of us will Open Space --
and we alternate (Evening News, Morning Announcements etc) from there on
out. Works grand.

Ho

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive