How can OS be done on a bridge line?

Anne Pattillo pattillo at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Oct 2 22:30:41 PDT 2002

>Hi doug,

In my experience is yes, it feels a little different, however I have
a client with a physically distributed team who use open space for
their issue specific discussions.

Posting topics is done using a mix of on line and over the phone.
the discussions are done serially.

The client reports it works - the facilitation is now done in house -
it is a powerful way to distribute leadership, work with the
diversity of experience.

I'm not sure whether it works because it builds teams or because the
relationships in the team are preexisting.

This team does for some issues invite the participation of others
interested in specific issues.

Regards

Anne

>Hi--
>
>How can OS be done on a bridge line?
>
>Has anybody done one this way?
>
>(A bridge line is similar to a conference call, but without operators.
>Everyone calls in to a central number and then can speak to each other as
>if on a one to one call.)
>
>How would you work out "posting topics" (some of the recent discussions of
>oral cultures comes to mind), and choosing topics? Since there are not
>separate rooms to go to, I'd suspect the topics would be discussed
>serially, but then again, maybe I am trying to make decisions the group
>could make better.
>
>What would be different? What would be better?
>
>Ideas?
>
>                               :-Doug. Germann
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Anne Pattillo
Anne Pattillo Consulting Ltd
PO Box 683
Wellington
New Zealand

Telephone 64 4 473 2702
Fax       64 4 473 2703

Lagniappe: (lan yap') n. [Creole] a little something extra