Poetry contest

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Sat Oct 26 10:26:22 PDT 2002

Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce the better-late-than-not-at-all OS poetry contest.

In the tradition of OS poetry contests, I'll complicate things a little by
introducing some parameters (well, actually, only one).  To honour the 10th
annual OSonOS, let's have each poem be 10 lines long, otherwise structured
anyway you choose.

Please have your entries to me by November 5th (10 days from today).  I'll
collate the entries and send them out to the list for votes.  Brian and Viv
will, hopefully, place them in a conspicuous spot at the OSonOSinOZ.  I'll
give everyone on the list and in OZ until November 9th at noon, Pacific
Standard Time, to send me their votes for best poem (early Nov 10th in OZ, I
believe - am I right, Brian, Viv or Alan?????).  If I've got my timing
right, this should allow us to announce the new OS poet laureate in
Melbourne on November 10th.  (Plus, selfishly, it allows me to participate
in OSonOSinOZ while sitting in my home office in Victoria!)

So, all you creative, poetic folks, sharpen your pencils - let the poetry
contest begin!!!!

Hugs,

Laurel
the accidental poet laureate