wave of wonderful

Julie Smith jsmith at mosquitonet.com
Thu Oct 24 16:17:15 PDT 2002

These past few weeks so many wonderful OST-related things have been
happening
.. I want to share just one more, the one from today
.. this
especially goes out to Judi, Chris, Michael, Dan, Heidi, Krista, Mia,
Curt, and all those who attended the Becoming A Peacemaker Conference in
April
..

Today I spent a few moments speaking with a student who attended our
April conference, and who stood out for many of us as a single shining
example of why we do what we do.  (During the closing circle on the
second day of the conference she told the story of how the first day had
changed her and changed her family
.. how the day talking about
peacemaking had helped her see things differently and how the new seeing
helped her reach out to her mother in a new and more loving way and how
her mother had responded in kind
..)  When I saw her today she was
beaming.  Health and happiness oozed from every part of her.   She told
me she’s working on creating a new class in her high school called
Peacemaking.  She’s almost finished the curriculum, and has identified a
teacher who will support her by being the teacher-of-record without
taking over the class.  The class will be student-led and
dialogue-driven.

My heart is doing cartwheels.

Julie