AW: Using digital cameras...

WB-TrainConsult wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Tue Oct 1 01:13:36 PDT 2002

Doug,

yes, I will take what you say "letting the space hold us and
touch us might be good, too.", as a contribution to how I explain to
myself, what happens in holding space.

you write: "allowing the space and those in it to overlap into us"
Yes, in a way, but that does not mean that I am not protected against
"space invaders" at that level: it is the "dynamic sphere of
ai-ki-do", sometimes I visualize my sphere as beeing a kind of
cristal glass ball or egg, which permits me to be overlapped but not
directly letting in those parts of the others' spheres, which would
be noxitive or overwhelming for my self or other parts.

So this is "using mental cameras", non-digital, non-material :-)

You write: "So in that sense going into the circles and focusing on
the people might be a form of holding space most appropriately"

Yes, that is the point of my arrival at "open space holding",
experimenting with variations of my action as facilitator with the
(transcultural) objective to find out, which are the "minimum
requirements for facilitating self organization of people who really
do care for something"

The documentation thing then is an application for special (eg.
literate) contexts.

Thank you for helping me to continue thinking along this line

Bernd

-----
wb-trainconsult at gmx.net 01.10.2002 at 09:06:09 (GMT/UT + 02:00)