CE credits for OST?

Laurel and Rick laurick at telus.net
Tue Nov 5 07:26:14 PST 2002

Hi Doug,

We described the educational benefits as a sort of "needs assessment", as a
way for physicians to ascertain their role in the health care system in
order to deliver the kind of care the community desires.  It is a rare
opportunity for physicians (and indeed, for any specific group of
professionals) to be exposed to the whole system, from cleaning staff, to
patients, to family members, to colleagues, to funders, and to the community
at large.

Since the initial family-centred maternity care event almost two years ago,
the group has used OST a whole bunch.  When I arrived back at work after a
year's absence, one of the folks I'd trained came up to tell me, "I thought
you'd want to know that OST is alive and well - we use it all the time!"
(Good thing, it made it easier to let my job go and get on with my life -
just found the stress of returning to the madness of healthcare
intolerable - but that's another story.)

Good luck, Doug.

Laurel.