CE credits for OST?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 1 07:53:09 PST 2002

Hello, Doug --

You wrote:
OK, I see the relevance to those groups and your offering--you are
training them in something they can use in their professional practices.
So, different from your situation, we have no "curriculum" to offer
ahead of time as a sample to the licensing bodies, nor can we offer the
resume of the "instructors" because whoever comes is the right
instructor people....

- - -

I think Michael's idea is fabulous.  And a celebration with/among/for
the participants.

Just so you know, my giving the Board curriculum and bio consists of
*my* resume as the 'instructor' (and the future provider of credits) and
the outline of the 2.5 days we'll have together, plus a copy of the info
I send out to the public.  That's it. (no theme, because my participants
set their own theme for a learning workshop when it begins...no
participant backgrounds / other 'instructors/teachers' needed, even
though we are all teaching each other).  And the 'curriculum' I send
them is like something you could craft: opening, guidelines, agenda
setting, concurrent discussions, closing / reflection / analysis...

So if you need to go the institutional-powers-that-be route, it's just
that simple.  And yes, "'you' (collectively) are training 'them' (each
other) in something they can use in their professional practices"...

It's just a reminder, to me, of how we can not respond to the current
paradigm of how things are set up with the traditional answer/model that
fits in that structure, but understand how to speak back to them in the
language of their culture, if you will, in a way that allows for a
shifted and (from our point of view, fabulous and improved) paradigm.

I always try to use the 'how can I speak to them in the language of
their culture' response when I see what I first think of as an
institutional barrier...

I know you'll do fabulously either way.  Doug, you have emerged this
year as a fearless and full-of-faith practitioner of Open Space.  Your
travels into Open Space and the questions you bring to us all enrich our
learning and our collective experience.  Bravo, you intrepid traveler...

Lisa

 L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e