Spiral Dynamics and Worldviews 1, 2 and 3

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon May 20 10:54:01 PDT 2002

Martin & Paul:  As you know this conversation is important to me as
well.  I have read and played with Spiral Dynamics and Ken Wilbur's
extension of it and it now informs my thinking to a great degree.
Harrison helped me to begin to realize that "What ever happens (or has
happened) is the only thing that could've".  (We have had that
discussion here before.)  Wilbur's use of Spiral Dynamics puts that in
even more perspective for me.

Each wave or level "transcends and includes" the previous one.  So, in
Harrison's categories (which are great!) the InterActive organization
transcends and includes the ProActice.   Yellow-Green includes
Blue-Orange.  There are move levels beyond where from which the integral
perspective (and spirit) are possible.  Open Space does not have to
"discount" the "enough" fulfillment of ProActive that is required to
move to the next level (InterActive), just acknowledge that people  will
go as far as they can and will interpret their  experience from whatever
"meme" or wave they are at - unless they shift to the next one.  Which I
agree with Harrison is happening.  But most are not there yet.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada