"empowerment" is a disempowering concept

Toni Petrinovich sacred at anacortes.net
Mon May 20 08:47:32 PDT 2002

Paul,

Though were you were addressing Harrison in your response, I am moved to
write.

In my frame of reference, the situation you are talking about (and indeed
most environments) suffer from one malignancy - fear.  Fear drives the
thoughts that if there is change, they will loose tenure.  Fear is the
motivator behind the ego personality's perception that what is good for me
is only good for me and not good for you.  It is so many small, hidden,
subconscious messages that separate each of us everyday in all that we do.

So, I too, ask - where is the carrot? How do we open the space wide enough,
create enough invitation to transform the fear into the energy of passion
and desire for the common good?  Good question and I deLight in reading
answers.

Blessings,
Toni Petrinovich
www.sacredspaceswa.com