a word from a ferind

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Sat May 18 12:17:58 PDT 2002

tova, joelle, and all...

am glad for this to keep showing up on the list.

am wondering if this could not also be said to be about those who love something
bigger and those who love something smaller, rather than love and hate?  not
about 'how much' the caring is, but about its scope, about the size of the
object of the love.   not meaning to twist words or redefine anything here, but
wanting to say that this is how i'm understanding it now.

in my work with open space and the rest of life i am wanting to develop my
capacity for easy movement and pulsing of my own caring and seeing, between very
large scopes/scales AND smaller, more physical, less comfortable, more
compressed scales/scopes/views AND still see all the options as still one whole
that is doing just fine EVEN THOUGH there is real pain and difficulty right in
front of me... and so it goes.

anyway, this is something about why i am glad that this thread is still here.

thank you everyone,  m

Joelle Lyons Everett wrote:

> Tova--
>
> My personal wish is that you would continue to share your thoughts, feelings
> and experiences on the list, so they are available to those of us who wish to
> understand this conflict at a deeper level.  If you worry about imposing the
> subject on others, mark the subject on the "subject" line of the e-mail so
> those who do not wish to read it can easily delete the message.
>
> I agree with you that the conflict is between those who love and hope and
> those who despair and hate--I'm sure that is true in every conflict in this
> world.  And that there is much grief to go through on the way to any kind of
> lasting change.  Thanks for holding space in your heart for hope and love.
>
> Shalom,
>
> Joelle

> Visit:

Michael Herman