AW: non-manicheist Christians

Visuelle Protokolle mail at visuelle-protokolle.de
Sat May 11 01:34:47 PDT 2002

  Dear Julie , Jim  and all,

  of course such an old and rather unknown phenomenon like Manicheism can be
used by everybody for his or her projections. I follow Cees Zwart in his
book "de strategie van de hoop" and use it differently from you. For me it
seems more human than the Christian believe system, which has difficulties
to give sense to the evil. Manicheism said, both extremes, the very light
likewise as the very dark, are finally unhuman and extremely dangerous. So
every man has to navigate himself between these extremes, like Odysseus
between Scylla and Charybdis.

   So it is up to me, wether I prefer to live in extremes and create my
enemies on the other side, like Sharon and Bush and many others, or can take
the responsibility for my life and manage to get into balance in the middle
(again and again).

  Thanks for the discussion!

  Reinhard

  Mit freundlichen Gruessen