Holding Space in Emergent Systems

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu May 2 06:28:28 PDT 2002

At 09:44 AM 5/2/2002 -0300, Judi Richardson wrote:
>Perhaps the Greeks held some of the first OST meetings!  Standing on the
>steps, a wreath on the head — discussing philosophy.  You could be a
>butterfly and take in the discussions at random, then place a wreath on
>your own head (post a topic) and have others come to discuss your own
>brand of philosophy......

I don't know that the Greeks did it first -- but they certainly did it very
well. The called it the Agora -- or actually the market place where they
exchanged all sorts of stuff including ideas. Back in '89, when Anne
Stadler and I made the video "Learning in Open Space" (Still available if
you care) we used the Agora as a central image for our effort. Worked then.
Works still, I think.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive